I'm here now: http://oyblog.blogspot.com/


Currently...

    Follow me on Twitter

    javascript:void(0) Preview

    Wednesday, August 20, 2008

    Inherit The Earth

    I saw a truck today that had a memorial for a father in a window sticker. The dates listed were 1923-2007. I thought how lucky that person was to have their father live 84 years.

    It's been six months since my mom died. Today I've been especially missing her. I think because of that sticker. I even told Joaquin today, "I miss your Grandma." "We all do, Mom," was his reply.

    I feel like I have so much to tell her. How big Joaquin is, what he's saying, doing. She'd eat it up, comparing him to me when I was small. Oh, how smart she thought I was, all of her kids, really. And beautiful. She especially admired our hair and our noses, except for my brother who has no hair because he took after her maternal grandfather. He's got good eyebrows though.

    I feel old and tired. I've never really thought about how old I was, being slightly, yes, I said slightly, immature for my age, encouraged, I think, by my mom. My mom was always very youthful in her dress and manner. But now I see my age. Of course, painting one's toenails with polka dots is contrary to the term "mature adult," so I'm thinking that youthful vigor is still in there somewhere. Maybe it's hereditary. (She'd get a kick out of the polka dots too!)

    Now, if I could only do something about the adult acne. My mom's skin was flawless. Why couldn't I have inherited that?

    Labels: ,