I'm here now: http://oyblog.blogspot.com/


Currently...

    Follow me on Twitter

    javascript:void(0) Preview

    Thursday, August 14, 2008

    Trying to Make Life Less Tedious

    Wow, I've been gone a while. They've changed the blogger dashboard.

    I've just started reading "The Book of Bright Ideas," by Sandra Kring. I've been really attracted to books set in the south lately. Even if it's not set in the south, the characters always have a southern accent in my head when I'm reading. I even have a southern accent when I'm reading the stuff I've written, which means that last sentence sounds like, "Ah eyvan hayv a southern ayxent when Ahm readin' the stuff Ahyv written."

    I've had the book a week and I'm only on page ten. I don't know what the block is about, maybe it's because I'm using my eyes so much at work, I only want to see high definition pictures when I get home, but I think I'm starting to get into it now. We'll see how far I get before I lose my mojo.

    Speaking of high definition, we got our HD converter boxes the other day and Joaquin is obsessed with a station called Qubo that can only be seen via the HD channels. No, we don't have cable yet, as a matter of fact we're getting rid of the few channels we have now because I seriously think it would be hard to put the kid to bed if we had more TV (me too). Also it's just not worth the price to someone who believes that TV is meant to be free! The only thing Joaquin misses now is the ability to freeze, go back and record like Tia has from her DVR. So go ahead and laugh at us. While you're watching all your fancy recorded cable programs, we'll be doing stuff like, um, surfing the net and watching kids programs twenty four hours a day, and, um, possibly sleeping. Sleep is good.

    I'm missing sleep because of the blasted Olympics. Only about one week to go, right?

    Labels: , ,