The Times They Are A Changin'
Since I was little, I've liked this song "Ride, Captain, Ride," by Blues Image. (I found this cute little puppet animation video of the song on, well, that tube place you go to see videos.) When I was out and about with my sister and her husband earlier this summer, something I've been doing for, oh, going on nearly 35 years now, I finally learned what the song is about. My brother-in-law said it was about "The Pueblo Incident" that happened in 1968.
Now there's lots of speculation on the Internet about what the song was actually about, but I shared this one with Joaquin after he heard it on "Our favorite radio station Kool FM." He was very intrigued that songs can actually be stories about something. And North Korea and ships at that. I don't know why he never thought of songs that way before. Maybe it's my fault because I didn't spend what seemed like hours and hours singing nursery rhymes to him like the lady behind me on the way to Florida this summer...I digress.
So, Joaquin has been expressing more interest in music of late. Maybe because we've been listening to "Our favorite radio station Kool FM" while our "Favorite DJ, Lee Bortel" is on. No matter where I go on my music dial, I always seem to return to the oldies station. I really like Lee Bortel. He's almost like a throwback to the fifties DJs without the hair grease or pay-o-la. It's all good. You should give him a listen on the Internet sometime 6 to 11 PM, if you can get past all the commercials at the beginning of the listen live player! Nothing better to swim to, if you ask me.
Now there's lots of speculation on the Internet about what the song was actually about, but I shared this one with Joaquin after he heard it on "Our favorite radio station Kool FM." He was very intrigued that songs can actually be stories about something. And North Korea and ships at that. I don't know why he never thought of songs that way before. Maybe it's my fault because I didn't spend what seemed like hours and hours singing nursery rhymes to him like the lady behind me on the way to Florida this summer...I digress.
So, Joaquin has been expressing more interest in music of late. Maybe because we've been listening to "Our favorite radio station Kool FM" while our "Favorite DJ, Lee Bortel" is on. No matter where I go on my music dial, I always seem to return to the oldies station. I really like Lee Bortel. He's almost like a throwback to the fifties DJs without the hair grease or pay-o-la. It's all good. You should give him a listen on the Internet sometime 6 to 11 PM, if you can get past all the commercials at the beginning of the listen live player! Nothing better to swim to, if you ask me.
Labels: music


<< Home