Shiny Happy People
Well, we're back from Florida. Other than the humidity and sweat, I had a good time. In every picture of me, I have a shiny face. My sister said I needed blotter papers. I couldn't carry the amount of paper for all the blotting I needed to do.
On Friday, we went to Epcot. I was hot and miserable, one big pool of sweat. We visited "The Seas With Nemo and Friends" and "Honey, I Shrunk The Audience." Both were amazing. We had to leave the HISTA show early because Joaquin got a little scared with the 3D effects. I should have just removed the glasses so he could have seen how non-threatening it looks like without them. We also went on "Journey Into Imagination With Figment," a character my sister fell in love with. Then, of course, there were the countries around the world in the different pavillions. Joaquin's favorite was England for some reason. He even got a flag.
We only got about halfway around the park before we had to stake out a spot for the fireworks; being July 4th, we knew it was going to be spectacular. It was so hot and my feet ached so much that at one point I was tempted to stay in the ladies room where there was air conditioning and a place to sit, even if that place was the commode. Still, according to Ivan and Pauline, we really didn't see anything. Oh well, maybe again one day. Joaquin is just not that into Disney. Shocking, I know, but true.
I enjoyed my Saturday with Pauline visiting and having lunch in Mount Dora which is a really cute litte town. Was too full to get a cupcake at Mount Dora Cupcakes but did get one at Cupcake Couture. They were very good, but I've not yet been blown away by a professionally baked cupcake. I must have a very unsophisticated palate because I like Betty Crocker just fine.
We spent many hours at Downtown Disney. Wednesday night when we got there, Saturday and Tuesday before leaving. We even saw the "Indiana Jones" movie there while waiting for our flight home. I was shocked when my Brother-in-law told me I'd spent three hours in one store, the World of Disney! I could have probably spent more too. The Lego store was like a magnet to Joaquin.
Sunday we spent the day at Daytona Beach. I even got in the water which doesn't happen in San Diego, CA. because it's too cold. Joaquin, of course, had a blast. He loves the beach.
Nothing we did on this trip can trump Joaquin's trip with his dad to Daytona for NASCAR. They had pit passes! Wearing his Blaniac t-shirt, he got lug nuts from Dave Blaney's pit crew, got several of the driver's autographs and signed the finish line. The pictures tell the real story.
I was a basket case on the way home, July 8. It was Mom's and my birthday. This was something just the two of us shared and it was special to me. "Happy Birthday, mi hija" "Right back at ya, Mom." Although I wanted to just let it pass unnoticed, turns out that I was grateful for the messages left for me. My aunt left a happy birthday song message on my phone which had me in tears at the Orlando airport because Mom used to sing the entire song to us when she called us on our birthdays. According to Joaquin, they were having a birthday party for Grandma in heaven. I hope so because we all know she liked to party.
On Friday, we went to Epcot. I was hot and miserable, one big pool of sweat. We visited "The Seas With Nemo and Friends" and "Honey, I Shrunk The Audience." Both were amazing. We had to leave the HISTA show early because Joaquin got a little scared with the 3D effects. I should have just removed the glasses so he could have seen how non-threatening it looks like without them. We also went on "Journey Into Imagination With Figment," a character my sister fell in love with. Then, of course, there were the countries around the world in the different pavillions. Joaquin's favorite was England for some reason. He even got a flag.We only got about halfway around the park before we had to stake out a spot for the fireworks; being July 4th, we knew it was going to be spectacular. It was so hot and my feet ached so much that at one point I was tempted to stay in the ladies room where there was air conditioning and a place to sit, even if that place was the commode. Still, according to Ivan and Pauline, we really didn't see anything. Oh well, maybe again one day. Joaquin is just not that into Disney. Shocking, I know, but true.
I enjoyed my Saturday with Pauline visiting and having lunch in Mount Dora which is a really cute litte town. Was too full to get a cupcake at Mount Dora Cupcakes but did get one at Cupcake Couture. They were very good, but I've not yet been blown away by a professionally baked cupcake. I must have a very unsophisticated palate because I like Betty Crocker just fine.
We spent many hours at Downtown Disney. Wednesday night when we got there, Saturday and Tuesday before leaving. We even saw the "Indiana Jones" movie there while waiting for our flight home. I was shocked when my Brother-in-law told me I'd spent three hours in one store, the World of Disney! I could have probably spent more too. The Lego store was like a magnet to Joaquin.Sunday we spent the day at Daytona Beach. I even got in the water which doesn't happen in San Diego, CA. because it's too cold. Joaquin, of course, had a blast. He loves the beach.
Nothing we did on this trip can trump Joaquin's trip with his dad to Daytona for NASCAR. They had pit passes! Wearing his Blaniac t-shirt, he got lug nuts from Dave Blaney's pit crew, got several of the driver's autographs and signed the finish line. The pictures tell the real story.
I was a basket case on the way home, July 8. It was Mom's and my birthday. This was something just the two of us shared and it was special to me. "Happy Birthday, mi hija" "Right back at ya, Mom." Although I wanted to just let it pass unnoticed, turns out that I was grateful for the messages left for me. My aunt left a happy birthday song message on my phone which had me in tears at the Orlando airport because Mom used to sing the entire song to us when she called us on our birthdays. According to Joaquin, they were having a birthday party for Grandma in heaven. I hope so because we all know she liked to party.








<< Home