I'm here now: http://oyblog.blogspot.com/


Currently...

    Follow me on Twitter

    javascript:void(0) Preview

    Thursday, July 03, 2008

    KSC in FLA

    Not a whole lot to say about Kennedy Space Center except I loved the rocket garden (got some good pics) and got goosebumps at the Apollo/Saturn V Center. Love the message they were putting out there: they failed but kept perservering, in other words, "Failure is not an option." Words to live by. I'm gonna try to change some of my thought patterns and try not to give up on things so quickly. Stop laughing, I said try.

    It wasn't too crowded. Who in their right mind would be out there this time of year. It was a really humid day, I found myself sweating just standing there and got mosquito bites during the bus tour even though I used bug spray. Oh, and Joaquin was a moody booger this morning. He eventually chilled out and became tolerable, even apologized on his own accord, but sheesh, does he have to take after me so much in the "difficult person" area. For a kid who loves planets, meteorology, engines and math, this was not the most interesting place to him, but the gift shops got his attention, of course. This is one of his photos.

    I want to go back again when Joaquin gets a little bigger, maybe have lunch with an astronaut and see a few of the other things we missed.

    Labels: ,