I'm here now: http://oyblog.blogspot.com/


Currently...

    Follow me on Twitter

    javascript:void(0) Preview

    Sunday, May 11, 2008

    I ♥ Cats

    Oy, tonight was scary. After having a good time swimming in Tia's pool, Joaquin decided to hold and pat the cat. No more than fifteen minutes later, when it was time to go, he started becoming congested and scratching his eyes. I told him to wash his hands and we left.

    We thought it would be minor, but on the road, we could hear him becoming worse and worse. Luckily I had a Benadryl Perfect Measure pre-measured dose of allergy medicine in my purse. (Those things are a Godsend.) I was going to wait to get home and give him a Zyrtec which works really well, but when I asked if he wanted the Benadryl, he practically jumped out of his seat to get it. Yes! He wanted it.

    His eyes were hurting more and more, so he asked his dad to hurry home so he could put water on them. He became impatient because his dad isn't the fastest driver. When we were closer to home, he started, yelling "Dad, hurry, hurry! It hurts!" We got home, he put cool water on his face and I gave him eyedrops and a cool washcloth for his eyes. He was feeling better within minutes and he is now sleeping peacefully. Scary.

    I would say he is definitely allergic to cats. I told him that he can pet Angel but he must wash his hands right after. And he LOVES cats too, boo hoo.

    Labels: , ,