Wow Mom!
Joaquin made me a laminated MOM card in art class for Mother's Day. He was so proud of it, but was amazed when I showed him that MOM was a palindrome and could be spelled the same both forward and backward. He about fell over when I showed him that he can spell WOW if he turned it upside down. Ah, the joy of being able to help your child discover new things. That's what being a mom is all about.
I had a nice day, ate at the Pink Taco. The joke isn't lost on me, not with Ivan nudging me about it. Anyway, it was good, a bit more pricey than our favorite, Manuels, but good. Then, my Baby Daddy stood in line in the afternoon sun to save our place for cupcakes at Sprinkles Cupcakes. You know, they were ok, but I don't think I'd wait in a long, hot line for them again. A homemade cupcake tastes the same or, dare I say, better, and doesn't cost $3.50 a hit.
Joaquin watched Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom with us for the first time. He asked, "Excuse me, Mom, did you order me the monkey brains?" at lunch today. Hil-arious! We're getting ready for this summer's blockbuster, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I hope we're not disappointed.
I went to my Mom's gravesite. It was okay. I know she's not there, I talk to her all the time and think of her even more without visiting her grave, but I did take her flowers and a balloon, of course. I'm sure her mother liked them too. One thing is for sure, I still miss her so much.
Labels: holiday




<< Home