Chrismas Lights and Songs
This is a picture of one of the snowman lights I bought before Halloween. Cute, huh. We're doing a little decorating every day. Dad and Joaquin moved the furniture today because Joaquin said we had to move the TV to put the tree in it's spot. When I asked him where we put the tv, he said, "right there" and pointed to where the couch was. When I asked him where we put the couch, he thought for a few seconds and said "Hmm, right there." and pointed to the opposite wall--the exact configuration we had last year!
Tonight we started putting lights on the tree. I think he's a little disappointed right now because there are only white lights but the colored bulbs will go up at the end. I love a tree with white lights but Joaquin loves his colored lights so we're compromising. I can't believe how much time it takes to put the tree up.
Joaquin's daycare is going to put on a little Christmas Concert. His class is singing Feliz Navidad and We Wish You a Merry Christmas. Teacher says he just sits in the back shaking his head no while they practice. Not to be negative or anything, but I'm pretty sure what to expect from him on that day and I'm a little nervous and wondering if I should just keep him home. Still, he was singing "A'liz A'bidad" while we were doing the lights tonight, so he is in the spirit.
Tonight we were listening to A Sugar Beats Christmas while decorating. It's not my favorite, but it's good for variety. I have a hard time choosing favorites, but currently, I really like Jesu, Joy of a Man's Desiring from my Santa's World Beat and my Amy Grant Christmas CD. I also like good ole Bing, as in Crosby. Joaquin heard The Chipmunk Song yesterday and seemed to like it. Just curious, what are some of your favorites?


<< Home