The Blur of Thanksgiving
Question: Where do all these people find the time to do all these crafts? It's so not fair!
In addition to our Thanksgiving weekend outings, I had Thanksgiving dinner at our house for about 16 people. Dinner was to start at 4:00 but didn't get served until 6:00. That should give you an indication of how it went.
I thought it was gonna be a breeze. I was really thinking ahead. We picked up the turkey last week before going to see Thomas because I knew it needed time to thaw. I went shopping and cut the veggies the night before so all I had to do was throw them in the oven. So it was 9:30 AM on Thursday morning when my sister called because she was adamant that the stuffing go in the turkey and she knew I had reservations about that. (We compromised and I put it in and around the turkey about an hour before taking it out.) When she found out that I was still sleeping, she thought, "Hmm, well, I guess she's got everything under control."
After waking to find the inside of the turkey still slightly frozen, I dunked it in water for an hour or so. The turkey finally got in the oven at 11:00 AM and I go about vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms and trying to direct Ivan on setting up the patio, where we ate. So it is about 2:30 PM and I'm still in my jammies, not having showered and my sister shows up to drop off the stuffing and some flowers. She was going back to her in-laws and took Joaquin which was really a load off of us, but she also took Grandma, who was gonna peel the potatoes, but before taking Joaquin I had to try to find an appropriate outfit because the kids where she was going were dressed in suits and ties! Joaquin ended up wearing his Thomas shirt and sweats.
I jump in the shower around 4:00 and by 4:30 people, other than my brother, start showing up, hungry. Glad that they know me, Mom and my sister show up and start helping with the rest of the fixin's and we finally had dinner at 6:00.
Now wasn't that fun! No, really. It was fun, and I enjoyed all of my company and the game we played after dinner, even though me and my partner knew squat about movies. Where's the TV edition when you need it! Or, how about the web edition? Yeah, that would work.
Below, the only pictures I got! Joaquin lounging with the dudes (Popo and Tio Danny); Grandma with the turkey that I made and group dinner shot.

In addition to our Thanksgiving weekend outings, I had Thanksgiving dinner at our house for about 16 people. Dinner was to start at 4:00 but didn't get served until 6:00. That should give you an indication of how it went.
I thought it was gonna be a breeze. I was really thinking ahead. We picked up the turkey last week before going to see Thomas because I knew it needed time to thaw. I went shopping and cut the veggies the night before so all I had to do was throw them in the oven. So it was 9:30 AM on Thursday morning when my sister called because she was adamant that the stuffing go in the turkey and she knew I had reservations about that. (We compromised and I put it in and around the turkey about an hour before taking it out.) When she found out that I was still sleeping, she thought, "Hmm, well, I guess she's got everything under control."
After waking to find the inside of the turkey still slightly frozen, I dunked it in water for an hour or so. The turkey finally got in the oven at 11:00 AM and I go about vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms and trying to direct Ivan on setting up the patio, where we ate. So it is about 2:30 PM and I'm still in my jammies, not having showered and my sister shows up to drop off the stuffing and some flowers. She was going back to her in-laws and took Joaquin which was really a load off of us, but she also took Grandma, who was gonna peel the potatoes, but before taking Joaquin I had to try to find an appropriate outfit because the kids where she was going were dressed in suits and ties! Joaquin ended up wearing his Thomas shirt and sweats.
I jump in the shower around 4:00 and by 4:30 people, other than my brother, start showing up, hungry. Glad that they know me, Mom and my sister show up and start helping with the rest of the fixin's and we finally had dinner at 6:00.
Now wasn't that fun! No, really. It was fun, and I enjoyed all of my company and the game we played after dinner, even though me and my partner knew squat about movies. Where's the TV edition when you need it! Or, how about the web edition? Yeah, that would work.
Below, the only pictures I got! Joaquin lounging with the dudes (Popo and Tio Danny); Grandma with the turkey that I made and group dinner shot.



<< Home