I'm here now: http://oyblog.blogspot.com/


Currently...

    Follow me on Twitter

    javascript:void(0) Preview

    Sunday, November 28, 2004

    Another Confession

    So, at Joaquin's most recent check-up, his Dr. asked what he was eating because he's slightly overweight. Daddy didn't want to say "chicken nuggets and fries," so he said "junk."

    Of course, his Dr. can just look at Joaquin's parents and figure that if he's just slightly overweight, then he's doing pretty good, but because we want to be responsible parents, we decided we need to do something about it now.

    First we need to make sure Joaquin starts eating better. This means less drive-thru. I would get so upset because I'd spend time cooking something, only to have Joaquin not eat, but you know what? Right now we have control, so if he doesn't want to eat what I make, he doesn't have to eat. (Yeah, we'll see how long that lasts.)

    So to begin with, this weekend, I made soup with turkey leftovers and lots of leftover veggies. It was goooooood. He started to eat it, then asked for a hotdog. I told him to eat the soup, then we'd talk about the dog. He finished the soup and forgot about the dog. Score: 1-Mom.

    Then we went to look at gym sets.