I'm here now: http://oyblog.blogspot.com/


Currently...

    Follow me on Twitter

    javascript:void(0) Preview

    Monday, September 08, 2003

    Working all the time
    Not really, but I couldn't think of a title. Mommy has been working parttime for about two years. I've worked at the same place for almost 14 years. I'm getting paid less per hour than most of the other tech support staff there even though I've been there longer than all except one. I haven't approached the boss for more money because I like working parttime and I'm afraid he might require me to return fulltime.

    My point? Oh yeah, I have increased my hours from 20 per week to 30 while working on new desktop deployment and I am exhausted. I swear I'm running six hours a day. Joaquin doesn't like it either. Nearly every day he says "No 'chool (school)." or "No teato (teacher)." I'm really feeling bad about that. I've been spending a little more time when dropping him off so he gets acclimated but it doesn't seem to be enough. He's okay when he gets home, but some days he has acted up (tantrums) at school a little more than usual. I may have to check the books on this one, I don't want him having "abandonment issues" and c'mon, is 30 hours THAT much more than 20?

    You wanna see some pictures of a kid with "bad-boy hair"?

    On the day these pictures were taken, Joaquin was really "acting-up." His hair pretty much looked bad when he woke up in the morning. I kind of thought it might be indicative of what his attitude was going to be like on that day. I think that is where the term, "bad hair day" came from. It doesn't mean your hair will look bad, it means you will be bad, your hair just told you.