I'm here now: http://oyblog.blogspot.com/


Currently...

    Follow me on Twitter

    javascript:void(0) Preview

    Wednesday, July 23, 2003

    Memories
    We stopped by Starbucks the other night and Mommy saw a few people sitting there, studying, reading or writing, and I noticed one thing they all had in common: They were alone. And I remembered for a moment, how good it felt to be alone for an entire evening, with nothing more to do than get a drink and read a book. But there we were, in Starbucks, chasing a noisy toddler around.

    I used to like to be alone. For some reason, it never felt lonely being alone. Now life is very different. It is noisy and I'm lucky if I get a few hours alone. Of course, when I was alone, I never started an impromptu dance to the Teletubbies theme song (well maybe just a little one) or walked the entire length of the house on my knees just because it was funny (of course, my old knees don't think it's so funny). When I was alone, I never tried to do anything possible to get a two-year-old to laugh wicked. I never received spontaneous bear hugs. I never got to watch an angel sleep.

    Alone is very good, but I think I'll just keep trying to enjoy the time I'm in right now because there may come a time where I'm alone and just feel lonely...or not.