Mr. Manners
My sister mentioned one day that she always thought it was important for her kids to have good table manners. Hence, both her kids learned to use eating utensils very early. I, on the other hand, think that using manners while speaking is very important. I've been saying please and thank you to Joaquin since he was born.
Since Joaquin is a late talker, he is just starting to put longer sentences together. Yesterday, as we were leaving, he said he wanted the keys Daddy had in his pocket. As I normally would, I told him, "Ask Daddy if you could please have the keys." I was surprised when I heard, "Daddy, can ah ha embltum [indecipherable] keesh pleesh."
I'm so proud. Not only is he beginning to say entire sentences, he's being polite about it too. That is, unless "embltum" is one of George Carlin's "Seven Dirty Words." (I'll let you do the Google search on that one as I'm trying to keep this a family blog.)
Here is an oldie but a goodie. Joaquin's first haircut at 10 months, in September, 2001. Gosh, I miss that baby. (Click image to see bigger.)
My sister mentioned one day that she always thought it was important for her kids to have good table manners. Hence, both her kids learned to use eating utensils very early. I, on the other hand, think that using manners while speaking is very important. I've been saying please and thank you to Joaquin since he was born.
Since Joaquin is a late talker, he is just starting to put longer sentences together. Yesterday, as we were leaving, he said he wanted the keys Daddy had in his pocket. As I normally would, I told him, "Ask Daddy if you could please have the keys." I was surprised when I heard, "Daddy, can ah ha embltum [indecipherable] keesh pleesh."
I'm so proud. Not only is he beginning to say entire sentences, he's being polite about it too. That is, unless "embltum" is one of George Carlin's "Seven Dirty Words." (I'll let you do the Google search on that one as I'm trying to keep this a family blog.)
Here is an oldie but a goodie. Joaquin's first haircut at 10 months, in September, 2001. Gosh, I miss that baby. (Click image to see bigger.)


<< Home