I'm here now: http://oyblog.blogspot.com/


Currently...

    Follow me on Twitter

    javascript:void(0) Preview

    Wednesday, November 19, 2008

    Excuse Us While We Pause For These Important Messages

    I know this blog says whatjdid, but Joaquin knows it's here now and tells me, "Mom, don't you dare put that on the Internet," so I'm going to have to re-think it's purpose. I mean, who cares if he still occasionally likes to watch a "Thomas the Tank Engine" video. Ooops, did I write that? I guess it's not cool in the second grade or something.

    That's why I'm writing more about myself. Anyway, I found a meme on helloyovettoy's blog that goes something like this:

    The Rules:

    Type your answer to the questions into Flickr search. You all know what Flickr is, right? If not, type flickr.com in a search engine (you know what a search engine is, don't you?).
    Using only the first page of results, pick an image.
    Copy and paste each of the URLs in the Mosaic Maker

    And now for the questions:

    1. What is your favorite restaurant? T-Bone Steakhouse here in Phoenix at South Mountain has gotta be my fave. I also love Nello's Pizza on the eastside.

    2. What is your favorite type of cuisine? I think that would be Chinese. It's what I crave.

    3. What is your favorite comfort food? No matter what, I always feel better after eating a doughnut.

    4. What is your favorite childhood food? I think that would be fried chicken. My mom made a great fried chicken. This is what I would usually ask for, so they stopped asking me. Of course, if the family wanted fried chicken, I would say I wanted something else, like tacos. Loved to mix it up like that.

    5. What is your favorite dish to prepare for company? Turkey. I generally only have a big group of company over for Thanksgiving so that is what I usually make.

    6. What is your favorite wine? I think wine tastes like vinegar, so I don't drink it, but my favorite whine would be, "Stella!"

    7. Who is your favorite chef? I like Sam the Cooking Guy. I know he's not a chef, but I like him. A lot. And doesn't he look like a cardboard cutout in that photo?

    8. What is your least favorite food? Fish. No defense, just not interested.

    9. What is the most adventurous food you’ve eaten? Pickled pig's feet. Yup. When I was little my mom and I would get this from the Chinese deli on Saturday grocery shopping day and I would eat it while watching Hee Haw. (Yeah, I know what that sounds like. Do you think my liking NASCAR is an accident?) I haven't had one since the Chinese grocery closed down in the late 70s.


    Photo Credits: 1. The Pell City steakhouse, 2. Chinese New Year Parade, 3. 365 Project - day 65, 4. Kentucky Fried Chicken Christmas Bucket, 5. Domesticated Turkey~, 6. Stella - Oakdale, MN, 7. Sam the Cooking Guy, 8. Angler fish, 9. Foot Fetish

    Now that was fun!

    Labels: ,