I'm here now: http://oyblog.blogspot.com/


Currently...

    Follow me on Twitter

    javascript:void(0) Preview

    Saturday, November 08, 2008

    The Day I Got Lost At NASCAR

    It's funny that you can be middle-aged woman and still feel like a little kid when you get lost. There I was, waiting for the guys and when they didn't come--boys don't usually take that long in the bathroom--I went off looking for them. I went through the wrong gate and lost my bearings. I'm sure you've heard before not to wander off when you get lost in the woods. Same holds true at Phoenix International Raceway.

    I walked around to a different gate and told them I was looking for my husband. They said, did you say you're looking for YOUR husband or A husband? Ha. Ha. Got me thinking though. NASCAR is a good place to look for a date, all those available men. I should've been there for that minute when I was young and pretty. Maybe I could'a had a boyfriend. Not likely, I just never knew how to do that.

    Anyway, a kind soul let me use his cell phone since I had forgotten mine and eventually the guys walked up. Apparently guys can take that long in the bathroom.

    Nascar. When I get there, I always wonder what I'm doing, this is not my kind of place, but I always leave feeling that I do enjoy a fast car almost as much as the next guy. I put my earplugs in with the connector string going to the back because that's how I saw another guy do it. I told Ivan, "Me and the cool guys wear ours in back," after I saw his hanging down in front like drool. Do you think he cared?

    One thing that bugged me today was that Jack-In-The-Box gave away $5 cards in the section right next to ours and although we were seated on the end, they didn't give any of us one. I felt like I lived on the wrong side of the tracks. Phooey on Jack! Boo Jack! Down with Jack!

    I got to see my favorite, Tony Stewart, doing practice laps today. He races Sunday. Joaquin and his Dad are going to that one. I can't handle the crowds. I almost finished reading my book today too. Sure I look funny reading in the stands, but seriously, who can sit for three hours watching cars go around in circles?

    So the hickspanics enjoy yet another day at NASCAR. And everyone is home safe and tired. And all's well that ends well.

    Labels: