I'm here now: http://oyblog.blogspot.com/


Currently...

    Follow me on Twitter

    javascript:void(0) Preview

    Sunday, September 28, 2008

    My Planets Are Aligned

    I had a great weekend starting with Danielle's 19th birthday dinner on Friday! Her Auntie Barb always does such a nice job on birthdays and because of her generosity, everyone has a great time. Oooh, and birthday cake from "Bamboo Bakery" [Link]? Well, let's just say I'm still thinking about it two days later.

    Saturday, I got a call saying there was an extra ticket to a Santana concert. When I talked to my sister earlier, I felt a twinge of the "I wish I could goes," when I found out that not only my sister and husband were going, but my brother and nephews were as well. It passed quickly because, while, I have a casual interest in Santana, I wouldn't buy a concert t-shirt. Then, whaddaya know, I was offered a ticket because someone had had an argument with someone else and someone decided not to go. I was still in my jammies when I got the call but I was concert ready in thirty minutes. I admit I enjoyed it more than I thought I would even though we had to walk home from Cricket Pavilion. Of course, I always do enjoy the familia anyway. Booyah!

    Then today, I went to one of the famous "pancake breakfasts without pancakes," which is a fund raiser for a church in Tolleson and won a raffle drawing they held. Later that day, I learned I won the package of golf for two at a local resort! I'm giving that to my brother and brother-in-law.

    I'm so excited about my good fortune this weekend. Can you imagine how much more exciting this would be if I had gotten stuff I actually wanted? Since I'm lucky today, I decided to enter some sweepstakes for stuff like a washer and dryer. I'll just say right now, I don't really need a washer and dryer. That said, maybe I'll win.

    Labels: , ,