Identity Crisis
Whenever I sign up for or order something, I try to put a code in my name to see if the company has been selling my name to other companies. I mean, how do they know my middle name isn't really Garsup? They don't, at least I don't think they do, but I can tell at a glance that it's from Gardener's Supply Company and I can decide whether or not to buy from them any longer because they sold me out.
Just so we're clear, I hate it when companies sell my name. I cancelled a subscription to Parent's magazine even though I love that magazine. All because they sold my name. It's the principal! They should give you the option to opt-out if you wish. For the record, I don't buy the magazine in the store either. I will read the Dr.'s office copy though (a Mama's gotta have some diversion).
Well, whaddaya know? I just received a catalog in the mail addressed to Elaine Garsup. I'm writing Gardener's Supply and NEVER buying from them again and suggesting my friends do the same! They sold me out! They named names.
While we're talking about identities, just so you know, I'm not really an idiot. I know my email address isn't really @htomail.com. If I ever leave a comment on your page and switch two of the letters in the address so it reads, @htomail.com, instead of @hotmail.com, I know it is wrong. Shhh! Be verwy, verwy quiet, I'm trying to throw the spambots off the scent. Like they really care, they'll just find me some other way.
Whenever I sign up for or order something, I try to put a code in my name to see if the company has been selling my name to other companies. I mean, how do they know my middle name isn't really Garsup? They don't, at least I don't think they do, but I can tell at a glance that it's from Gardener's Supply Company and I can decide whether or not to buy from them any longer because they sold me out.
Just so we're clear, I hate it when companies sell my name. I cancelled a subscription to Parent's magazine even though I love that magazine. All because they sold my name. It's the principal! They should give you the option to opt-out if you wish. For the record, I don't buy the magazine in the store either. I will read the Dr.'s office copy though (a Mama's gotta have some diversion).
Well, whaddaya know? I just received a catalog in the mail addressed to Elaine Garsup. I'm writing Gardener's Supply and NEVER buying from them again and suggesting my friends do the same! They sold me out! They named names.
While we're talking about identities, just so you know, I'm not really an idiot. I know my email address isn't really @htomail.com. If I ever leave a comment on your page and switch two of the letters in the address so it reads, @htomail.com, instead of @hotmail.com, I know it is wrong. Shhh! Be verwy, verwy quiet, I'm trying to throw the spambots off the scent. Like they really care, they'll just find me some other way.


<< Home