I'm here now: http://oyblog.blogspot.com/


Currently...

    Follow me on Twitter

    javascript:void(0) Preview

    Monday, December 22, 2008

    We had parent-teacher conference with Joaquin's second grade teacher Friday. He got a nice report. He's excelling in math and reading at a 3.7 grade level.

    The kids get to pick out their best work and put it in a binder at school. They wrote stories and bound them together. He titled it "My Family Story," by Joaquin, 12-18-08. I'm typing out the stories, typos, punctuation (lack of), spelling errors and all. His teacher says that she loves the content of his stories but he needs to work on his writing. He especially doesn't like cursive.

    This is the first story. He likes to write FIN at the end of his stories. He said he'd learned it from an episode of "The Simpsons."
    When we got to SANDEAGO (San Diego) in 2005. Wen (When) we just gther (got there) we lookte (looked) around the city then we got to the hotol (hotel). We Just stad (stayed) at the hotol. the next mornign (morning) we went to sea worlD wichs (which's) why we took this trip to SANDEAGO We saw sharks and dophns and sea lions and shamue show. i was time to go to the hotol we went to a piret (pirate) ship and a submeren (submarine) we stay for two howers (hours)then it was time to go agen (again)! Just as we herd the signalss go dodn then i saw amtrack desal croos. we al cles the doors the chas was onuntil we won. fin the end

    This one he wrote in cursive. He still needs lots of practice in cursive but agreed to write this for his teacher. Interestingly, I find it easier to read his cursive than his print:
    2007 Christmas
    last christmas morning I saw a sock on my bed. When I wake my mom and dad up. then I ran strat (straight)to the christmas tree. then i opnd my first present it was a mega block crane. i opened scand gift it was a ship the compny was play mobil. it was labld for my dad and me it was battleship!. the last three gifts wer an american airline and a spase shattle. then my last gift was sgeto (Guido) from cars the move (movie). after the gifts i played with my toys and my dad and me play battle ship and i...

    I got tired of transcribing his work. Maybe I'll finish it later. Not sure where I was going with this post, just examples, I guess. If I remember, I'll edit this post. Tah! for now.