I'm here now: http://oyblog.blogspot.com/


Currently...

    Follow me on Twitter

    javascript:void(0) Preview

    Sunday, January 06, 2008

    nOTHING iN pARTICULAR

    One of my, um, I mean, Joaquin's favorite gifts he got this year was the Crayola Color Explosion Glow Board. Much fun can be had with this thing. This was in celebration of Barb's birthday.

    We're still playing Wii. You know, I never mentioned the twinge of guilt I had as I was leaving the store with Wii in hand the other day. It is such an unnecessary item. I actually questioned why I'd bought it. Until I brought it home, that is. Funny, Ivan found an article about it not being exercise, like we ever questioned that. Yet, to see Joaquin when he's playing, with his rosy cheeks and sweaty forehead, you'd really think otherwise. Did I mention he loves it?

    It was a rainy day today. Thirty percent, my hiney. A nice gentle rain but rain nonetheless. I stayed in pj's until about ten PM and only put on clothes because I had to open the blinds to remove Christmas decorations. Yes, "Operation De-decorate" has begun. I'm trying something new this year. I'm going to try to write down how long things take me to do. I don't know why, exactly, but it was interesting to know that it took 2.5 hours to remove ornaments from the tree, wrap them and put them away. It was sad to put away the ornaments and Joaquin has requested that the tree stay up for a couple of days. I may oblige until Monday afternoon. Another thing that is going to be hard to take apart is my chandelier decorations. I love the way they came out this year.

    Another thing I loved was the bird ornament that I gave Joaquin's teacher this year. It was hard to part with and I couldn't buy myself one because it was the last one in the store. I was a good girl though and let it go. An amazing feat, especially since there were slim pickin's on the ornament selections this year. Is it just me or did the ornaments available at the department stores really suck? I might be forced to make my own one day. Good thing I have a photo of one I liked.

    Labels: ,