I'm here now: http://oyblog.blogspot.com/


Currently...

    Follow me on Twitter

    javascript:void(0) Preview

    Thursday, October 18, 2007

    Oprah Would Be Proud

    I really hate trying to live up to the "Oprah Standard," yet I find myself doing it over and over again. Last season Oprah had a show about how to get out of debt. These people were canceling cable, consolidating credit cards, calling up companies and making deals with them. It really was very interesting even for me who (fortunately) doesn't carry a lot of debt (I still don't have cable).

    Still, who doesn't like to save a few bucks, right? So, today I decided to cancel 3-way calling and call waiting on our land line. It bugged me to see those charges every month when I knew we didn't use either: We're not that popular and we've got cell phones.

    I saved us a whopping $4.85 per month. Ivan laughed. Yeah, we'll see who's laughing when we drive up and I order an Iced Venti* Caramel Macchiato next month.


    *For those who don't parle le Starbucks, that's a large.

    Labels: ,