Kiss and Yell
There are people in my family who do not hold back their feelings. They pretty much say and do whatever they feel compelled to. We love them anyway.
Last week, Joaquin and I had a fight. I do not know what it was about. All I know is that I was late picking him up so I went through what Barb refers to as "the kiss and go" and I refer to as "curbside drop-off." Joaquin saw me and one of the aides brought him to the car. He immediately started the trash-talk. "You're not supposed to pick me up here! You had two minutes, you should have walked over here, etc., etc."
I directed him to put on his seat belt and finally after three times, he put it on and we were off. He continued with the talk, then he made himself cry. I was trying to calm him from the front seat, "Why don't you like me to pick you up there? Okay, I won't pick you up there again, etc." He continued. Finally, I yelled at him to be quiet and turned up the radio to try to drown him out. He kicked the seat. Hard. I yelled again, then my tears started flowing. I don't think he saw me. I was so mad I think I could have beat him.
I had a really hard time talking to him afterward. Part of his punishment was that I took him to Walmart and didn't let him go to the toy section. Also, he now sits opposite me in the back seat. I think I carried this around for days. It's better now, but he keeps asking to move back (he's left handed) but I remind him why he's there. Maybe one day I'll let him move back.
I never did find out why he got so angry. Ivan said he asked what it means when the sidewalk has red on it (the curb), so Ivan thinks it had something to do with the fact that it is a fire lane.
~~*~~
Today was the kind of day people pay money for. Ninety-eight degrees. Slight breeze. Beautiful.
The weekend was just as good. We played goofy golf on Saturday night! It was Jackie's 7th birthday! Dolls! She doll rich, especially Bratz-tastic. Joaquin learned another lesson this week when he asked Jackie, "Is that gonna fit?" When she received a jacket. Under no circumstances ask a woman if something is the right size! Whew!
Last week, Joaquin and I had a fight. I do not know what it was about. All I know is that I was late picking him up so I went through what Barb refers to as "the kiss and go" and I refer to as "curbside drop-off." Joaquin saw me and one of the aides brought him to the car. He immediately started the trash-talk. "You're not supposed to pick me up here! You had two minutes, you should have walked over here, etc., etc."
I directed him to put on his seat belt and finally after three times, he put it on and we were off. He continued with the talk, then he made himself cry. I was trying to calm him from the front seat, "Why don't you like me to pick you up there? Okay, I won't pick you up there again, etc." He continued. Finally, I yelled at him to be quiet and turned up the radio to try to drown him out. He kicked the seat. Hard. I yelled again, then my tears started flowing. I don't think he saw me. I was so mad I think I could have beat him.
I had a really hard time talking to him afterward. Part of his punishment was that I took him to Walmart and didn't let him go to the toy section. Also, he now sits opposite me in the back seat. I think I carried this around for days. It's better now, but he keeps asking to move back (he's left handed) but I remind him why he's there. Maybe one day I'll let him move back.
I never did find out why he got so angry. Ivan said he asked what it means when the sidewalk has red on it (the curb), so Ivan thinks it had something to do with the fact that it is a fire lane.
Today was the kind of day people pay money for. Ninety-eight degrees. Slight breeze. Beautiful.
The weekend was just as good. We played goofy golf on Saturday night! It was Jackie's 7th birthday! Dolls! She doll rich, especially Bratz-tastic. Joaquin learned another lesson this week when he asked Jackie, "Is that gonna fit?" When she received a jacket. Under no circumstances ask a woman if something is the right size! Whew!
P.S. I think I've finally forgiven my son.
Labels: Oh Bother, that's life


<< Home