Whaddaya Gonna Do?
Still around, August, 2007? I thought I told you to beat it.
The latest: Our air conditioning stopped again last night. I wasn't wasting time this time. I quickly called to see if a hotel room was available.
Ivan came home from work to have a look. Up on the roof at 8:00 (it's dark here by then), he finds a wayward wire had broken off. Ah ha! He was pretty certain he could fix it, but not until tomorrow. So Joaquin and I went to the hotel and he went back to work and met us at the hotel room at 1:00 A.M.
We got up early and he came home to fix the problem. Fix it, he did. It would've been a fine coup--had he not fallen off of the ladder. Now his back is all bruised and scratched from falling on one of Joaquin's toys and he's got a bump on the back of his head.
I know Ivan hates August, 2007 more than I, but he doesn't complain. Maybe because I do it enough for the both of us. I must admit though, that when I heard the news today, I put my face in my hands, shook my head--and laughed. It has reached the point of being ridiculous. I'm not putting out a challenge, but really, what's next, locusts?
I did ask Ivan who he made so mad that they put a curse on him. It wasn't me. I don't know voodoo.
I really should stop complaining and be grateful for the things we have and our usual uneventful existence.
I will.
In about two more days.
The latest: Our air conditioning stopped again last night. I wasn't wasting time this time. I quickly called to see if a hotel room was available.
Ivan came home from work to have a look. Up on the roof at 8:00 (it's dark here by then), he finds a wayward wire had broken off. Ah ha! He was pretty certain he could fix it, but not until tomorrow. So Joaquin and I went to the hotel and he went back to work and met us at the hotel room at 1:00 A.M.
We got up early and he came home to fix the problem. Fix it, he did. It would've been a fine coup--had he not fallen off of the ladder. Now his back is all bruised and scratched from falling on one of Joaquin's toys and he's got a bump on the back of his head.
I know Ivan hates August, 2007 more than I, but he doesn't complain. Maybe because I do it enough for the both of us. I must admit though, that when I heard the news today, I put my face in my hands, shook my head--and laughed. It has reached the point of being ridiculous. I'm not putting out a challenge, but really, what's next, locusts?
I did ask Ivan who he made so mad that they put a curse on him. It wasn't me. I don't know voodoo.
I really should stop complaining and be grateful for the things we have and our usual uneventful existence.
I will.
In about two more days.
Labels: "miscellaneous drama", that's life


<< Home