Beloved Weirdness
Joaquin loves me so much, he wants a "Mommy Doll," or a doll that looks like me. Is that weird? Ivan says don't do it. When Joaquin get's mad at me, which he does frequently, who knows what he'll do to that doll. With the weird happenings going on lately that we think might be voodoo related, well, he thinks, not good.I'm just wondering. Is it strange for a six, almost seven year old, to walk around with a doll that looks like his mother? I just love seeing him care for his other little stuffed toys, especially Shammy, his little Sea World Orca. He tucks them in at night, he baby talks them when he first sees them, he kisses them. It's cute. With a "Mommy Doll" though, would that be weird?
Here's a prototype of the doll. I was just gonna print it on fabric, cut an outline and sew it up. Now, I'm not so sure. Funny thing is, put me in some socks, Mary Janes, a short dress and bloomers, and I'd actually look like that. Maybe I'll animate the face instead of using a photo so it only resembles me. Still contemplating...


<< Home