Fifteen Minutes of Heaven
We Phoenicians would just as soon skip the summer holidays. No lollygagging by the pond, no barbeque at the park. It's just too hot. Secretly, the sane ones think those who do these things are a little nuts.
On July 4, you would have found Ivan, Joaquin and I out with the other nuts who feel that it is a parental responsibility to take your kids to see fireworks in person. At the park. For hours. In the nearly unbearable heat. It was one hundred and sixteen freaking degrees!
The things we do for fifteen minutes of pleasure.
Besides that, I didn't get any pictures. You don't want to see pictures of red, sweaty people anyway, do you?
On July 4, you would have found Ivan, Joaquin and I out with the other nuts who feel that it is a parental responsibility to take your kids to see fireworks in person. At the park. For hours. In the nearly unbearable heat. It was one hundred and sixteen freaking degrees!
The things we do for fifteen minutes of pleasure.
Besides that, I didn't get any pictures. You don't want to see pictures of red, sweaty people anyway, do you?


<< Home