This Is Your Brain, This Is Your Brain In Phoenix

It really is too hot to think. My head constantly hurts. Everyday, as I go about my daily business, I wonder how much heat a human being can endure before heads start exploding or we melt away.
Seriously, the news had a segment on several dogs that had died because they were outside without shelter or more importantly, water. Wake up, people!
Joaquin and I argue about something just about every day. Usually it's about the fact that we can't stay at the pool "just a little longer" after already being there two hours, or because I won't give him another snack.
Lord, why did I have to have such a headstrong child? Last night he's crying and he told me between shudders that I broke his heart b-b-because I wouldn't let him watch the Sinsons (The Simpsons) at 10 P.M. *Sigh*
Other than that, things are ok. Joaquin has been signed up for more swimming classes. He has really come a long way, jumps off the diving board more easily even though he says it's still scary. I also signed him up for gymnastics. That's the one sport I don't think anybody in my family has ever done. For one thing, our heads are too big so it throws off our balance.
My mantra is to "Keep Joaquin Moving," mainly because I want him to get so used to moving that he actually craves it. His uncle is like that and I think that's why, although he eats like a horse, he's not obese.
Joaquin has also started watching "Wishbone" which our local PBS station started replaying. Finally. I loved that show when it first came out even though I believe I was in my thirties. I watched every episode. I purchased two DVDs a while ago but at the time he wasn't interested, now he is. I hope they start showing another of my favorite PBS shows, "Ghostwriter," again one day too.
That's it for now. I need a nap to try to get my head out of a fog. This weekend, "Ratatouille." I hope.


<< Home