Not The Sort Of Implants I Would Have Wished For
A while ago, I got a horrible toothache and discovered that I had an abscessed tooth that needed to be removed and that I'd need an implant or a fake one since it was toward the front. I was going to have this done right away. Of course, in my usual fashion, I never pursued any of this.
So, today, approximately six months later, I found myself, once again going crazy with pain. Pain that actually started yesterday while I was doing laundry. This makes me think that laundry is really bad for my dental health.
Anyway, instead of looking for a dentist first thing this morning, I decide to go into work like I'm dedicated or something. I started taking antibiotics last night and I thought I would be feeling better but no, coming home caused the pain to flare up big time.
I'm really bad with my dental care so I don't have a regular dentist. So I started calling and came across a dentist that I'd remembered seeing in our neighborhood newsletter. Just around the corner. So I called and they said they'd squeeze me in. I drove there. Yes, drove just around the corner. He did a quick exam and took some x-rays and gave me drugs.
Just looking at me, you wouldn't know how much pain I was in. I was calm around my coworkers, my dentist, the pharmacist, yet inside, I'm screaming in pain. I even took Joaquin to his swim class! I didn't want to skip it because his class is cancelled on Wednesday already for Independence Day.
I told Joaquin we couldn't stay at the pool long because I needed to go home to take medicine. Medicine, sweet medicine. He saw me wiggle my tooth. It makes it feel better somehow. Shocked, he asked if my tooth was loose. I said yes and explained that when kids loose their teeth it's good because they get new ones, but when grownups loose their teeth it's bad because they don't grow back. I'm so glad for the warning messages my old-age is sending Joaquin.
The dentist gave me vicodin. I don't remember ever taking vicodin before so didn't know what to expect. I thought I might pass out, but I couldn't stand it, so while eating my pintos and cheese, I popped one and laid down as soon as I finished. Turns out I didn't really need to lie down and, although it still feels uncomfortable, it doesn't hurt as much as before. Vicodin kinda took the edge off.
I'm about to go throw a load in the washer. Wish me luck with my teeth.
So, today, approximately six months later, I found myself, once again going crazy with pain. Pain that actually started yesterday while I was doing laundry. This makes me think that laundry is really bad for my dental health.
Anyway, instead of looking for a dentist first thing this morning, I decide to go into work like I'm dedicated or something. I started taking antibiotics last night and I thought I would be feeling better but no, coming home caused the pain to flare up big time.
I'm really bad with my dental care so I don't have a regular dentist. So I started calling and came across a dentist that I'd remembered seeing in our neighborhood newsletter. Just around the corner. So I called and they said they'd squeeze me in. I drove there. Yes, drove just around the corner. He did a quick exam and took some x-rays and gave me drugs.
Just looking at me, you wouldn't know how much pain I was in. I was calm around my coworkers, my dentist, the pharmacist, yet inside, I'm screaming in pain. I even took Joaquin to his swim class! I didn't want to skip it because his class is cancelled on Wednesday already for Independence Day.
I told Joaquin we couldn't stay at the pool long because I needed to go home to take medicine. Medicine, sweet medicine. He saw me wiggle my tooth. It makes it feel better somehow. Shocked, he asked if my tooth was loose. I said yes and explained that when kids loose their teeth it's good because they get new ones, but when grownups loose their teeth it's bad because they don't grow back. I'm so glad for the warning messages my old-age is sending Joaquin.
The dentist gave me vicodin. I don't remember ever taking vicodin before so didn't know what to expect. I thought I might pass out, but I couldn't stand it, so while eating my pintos and cheese, I popped one and laid down as soon as I finished. Turns out I didn't really need to lie down and, although it still feels uncomfortable, it doesn't hurt as much as before. Vicodin kinda took the edge off.
I'm about to go throw a load in the washer. Wish me luck with my teeth.


<< Home