I'm here now: http://oyblog.blogspot.com/


Currently...

    Follow me on Twitter

    javascript:void(0) Preview

    Saturday, February 21, 2004

    Just Breathe Deeply
    We had to visit the Doctor's office again today again. Joaquin had a breathing treatment. He didn't like the nurse practitioner. She was just a little too hyper for 9:30 on a Saturday. He was a trooper though, scared because of her hyperness and the mask they had to use for the treatment, he cried a little but kept his eye on the prize, which was a Henry engine from Thomas and Friends that he was going to get at Target.

    Now about that breathing treatment. I have Asthma and I was so happy Joaquin got through infancy without needing one of those. He didn't get RSV or any of the other illnesses that afflict so many other babies. I thought I was doing everything right, that he would be alright. Now, I wonder. He's been sick so often since starting at daycare. Everyone tells me that it will help his resistance in the future, but what if it contributes to an asthmatic condition? I mean, how clean are daycare centers anyway? I don't know, may have nothing to do with it, but then again, it may. It is a scary thought.

    I've got a prescription for albuterol syrup that needs to be filled. I don't know if I want to do it. But I know I will. What is this demon-germ that won't leave my baby?

    Right now, he's watching his new James and the Red Balloon tape and is happy as can be. He doesn't seem to be letting being sick get him down, so why should I?

    I think we're going to do yoga together.