I'm here now: http://oyblog.blogspot.com/


Currently...

    Follow me on Twitter

    javascript:void(0) Preview

    Saturday, February 14, 2004

    As you can see, I don't get out much.
    Okay, everyone's doing this already, but I want to play too. States visited in red.

    Arizona -- This is my everyday hell but the northern cities, including Flagstaff, Sedona and the Grand Canyon are bearable and quite nice during the summer. The town of Jerome, which sits on the north side of a mountain actually gets pretty cold.
    California -- This is my heaven and they have Disneyland, Sea World, Knotts Berry Farm San Francisco and San Diego and beaches!
    Colorado -- Via "The Four Corners," you know, where you can visit 4 states at once. There's a marker and everything.
    Florida -- Hot and muggy in Summer. I thought it was hotter here than Arizona. At least it was more stifling. Enjoyed cruising Miami's trendy spot, but wouldn't dare get down because I AM NOT A SUPERMODEL. Orlando has Disneyworld.
    Georgia -- Okay, I only had a plane transfer to New York there so I didn't see anything but the airport, but I was still there.
    Nevada -- Eh, s'okay, but is there really much more to do than play poker or watch that French circus? It's too hot in summer. I walked across the entry to the PhoencianVenitian hotel and thought I was in Egypt. Reminded me a lot of home. I did really enjoy those French people and, I won a hundred dollars with ten, but I lost $50 with a quarter.
    New Mexico -- A rest stop on the way to hell. Also, when I was little, I went to a LULAC convention with my parents there. I could swear I could see the lights all the way home AND I stayed in a fancy hotel. Also visited via "The Four Corners."
    New York -- Nice to visit, but overall, a dirty place, hot in the summer and my feet blistered from walking so much. I think I'd have to have lots of money to live there. That said, I'd go again because I did enjoy it. We saw David Letterman, Santana and Bill and Hillary Clinton in a Presidential motorcade. One more warning...Don't eat mexican food there.
    Texas -- I should've called THIS my hell. Cockroaches as big as a size eight shoe and THEY FLY. Austin wasn't so bad, very green, and at least Corpus Christi has a beach. Taft and Lubbock, where my people are, ARE truly rest stops on the way to hell. Wow, I've been to a lot of places in hell.
    Utah -- Again via "The Four Corners." If it wasn't for the four corners, I'd have gone no place.

    I hope to add places like Connecticut, Hawaii, Washington, Oregon, New Orleans, Illinois, DC and North Carolina to my list one day and properly visit places like Georgia and New Mexico.

    [Via Pete Beck. Create your own visited states map.]