I'm here now: http://oyblog.blogspot.com/


Currently...

    Follow me on Twitter

    javascript:void(0) Preview

    Tuesday, January 27, 2004

    I started writing this the otherday and was so bored, I had to stop...
    Wait a minute! I don't get bored.

    It rained all last weekend and one good thing about that is the bird poop has been washed from everything for a while. Dust has been washed off too. We went to the park and it had clear water flowing and I wasn't worried about Joaquin touching stuff. He ran and ran in an open space. Joy!

    It May Be Time To Move
    We saw a swing (it's more than that) activity set at Costco that I've been thinking about since, even though it's $1,000.00, okay, it's actually $998.99. It's redwood, eleven feet tall and has two swings, monkey bars, slide, second level deck (clubhouse), rock climbing wall, and picnic bench. It has a 12 year guarantee. It is better than our house! I can see Joaquin using this at least 8 more years, possibly longer but it seems a little outrageous. Would this make the playground at the park pale in comparison? Maybe we could move in.

    The Plot Thickens
    Joaquin is trying to set George up and George knows it, so he's plotting to get even. I can feel it. It started at Christmas, when Joaquin found out that dogs LOVES them some Nemo and Dory stuffed toys. Tio E's dog, Tyson, was all over them. Joaquin figured George would be too, so he discreetly placed Nemo near George's snout while he was sleeping. I didn't know this at the time. Then he came running to me saying "Where's Nemo?" Then he makes a shocked noise, like "Uhhhh!" and points to George, who at that point has woken up to discover, yea!, a stuffed toy and has begun playing. I scolded George and took Nemo away. Then I saw the events unfold once again, Joaquin placed Nemo near George's snout and I said, "Busted!" and even though he's been caught, he still tries to do it. Today, George started nipping at Joaquin's legs. I figured he's trying to get even. Can't wait to see what else he's got.

    Leaving Toddlers
    Some of Joaquin's little friends from daycare have moved to the next level. I miss them. I still see Malea and Marvin and Justin and Micah once in a while. Even though I'd like Joaquin to stay with these kids because they are the same age, I kind of like still having him in with the toddlers. His teachers are great and really care for the kids. I'm not too impressed with the teachers of the next age group. He can't move on until he's potty trained and they are really trying because they are accepting BABIES at the daycare in the next few months. I wonder how long before they tell me I need to take him out because he's not potty trained. Yikes.

    Eliza Doolittle
    Finally, Joaquin has been channeling Eliza Doolittle. He keeps saying in a cockney accent with what sound like marbles in his mouth: "I cawn't!" He says it anytime he doesn't want to do something. I can't. I've never heard two other words that can be so stifling!