I'm here now: http://oyblog.blogspot.com/


Currently...

    Follow me on Twitter

    javascript:void(0) Preview

    Friday, October 24, 2003

    School Cafeteria MemoriesNightmares
    Mommy has bad memories of some of the cafeteria food she was subjected to in grade school. These memories have followed me into adulthood. I remember wondering, is spinach supposed to be wilted and soggy like that? Why does Popeye like that spinach so much? He wouldn't if he went to my school. And coleslaw? It is hot and wilted and it is touching my mashed potatoes! Why does everthing smell like that? Meatloaf...it's gray...and slimey...yeeech!

    I took me a long time before I was brave enough to try many of the foods again. I found out that spinach is pretty good and doesn't, in real life, have that texture. I found the joy of coleslaw recently, like in the past two years. It's better than I remember, even if it is from KFC. But I was still hesitant to try meatloaf again. Well, I conquered my fear and made that for dinner. It was...good. What's better, it was easy. Seems you can put pretty much anything in meatloaf. Makes me wonder what the school cafeteria workers put in ours'.

    I don't know if school cafeteria food has improved much recently, but I guess I will find out soon enough. *Sigh*