Presenting...Joaquin Star!
Welp, Mommy finished the costume. Not a moment too soon. See, I was getting the smile glued on just as trick-or-treaters began ringing the doorbell. I really gotta stop doing stuff like that.
Here is the fruit of my labor holding the Patrick Star doll I used as inspiration:
(Click image to see bigger.)
Now, not all of the delay was due to my procrastination. On Monday, I got a call to pickup Joaquin at daycare because he had the heebee-jeebees (code word for diarrhea). On Tuesday, we had a checkup and he got a tb test, and ppd vaccine. On Wednesday evening, he started getting congested and had a 102 degree temperature that lasted into Thursday. I called the doctor and we visited again today. Doesn't seem to have an ear infection yet, just a lot of congestion and general yucky feeling, and, there's that fever thing. He was a trooper to even get dressed, let alone visit people.
Yet another Halloween has come to an end. I feel pretty good about it. I accomplished more than usual. Next year, I hope to be a little more organized, finish the costume earlier so Joaquin can maybe wear it for more than one day. And, I hope we're not sick. Bleh.
I really want to make these holidays special for my family, something Joaquin will look back on fondly when he's grown and I'm gone...he'll say, "I remember my Mom used to..." and his wife will get exasperated because she can't live up to his super mom. Ha, yeah, that's what I want. Happy Halloween!
Oh, as a side note, not the best idea to carve pumpkins too long before Halloween. I tried to keep them moist by covering them with a plastic bag and putting Vaseline on them. They started to mold. I took them outside hoping the dry air would be good. Too late. We still used them. The gnats flying around them added a spooky Halloween effect.
Welp, Mommy finished the costume. Not a moment too soon. See, I was getting the smile glued on just as trick-or-treaters began ringing the doorbell. I really gotta stop doing stuff like that.
Here is the fruit of my labor holding the Patrick Star doll I used as inspiration:
(Click image to see bigger.)
Now, not all of the delay was due to my procrastination. On Monday, I got a call to pickup Joaquin at daycare because he had the heebee-jeebees (code word for diarrhea). On Tuesday, we had a checkup and he got a tb test, and ppd vaccine. On Wednesday evening, he started getting congested and had a 102 degree temperature that lasted into Thursday. I called the doctor and we visited again today. Doesn't seem to have an ear infection yet, just a lot of congestion and general yucky feeling, and, there's that fever thing. He was a trooper to even get dressed, let alone visit people.
Yet another Halloween has come to an end. I feel pretty good about it. I accomplished more than usual. Next year, I hope to be a little more organized, finish the costume earlier so Joaquin can maybe wear it for more than one day. And, I hope we're not sick. Bleh.
I really want to make these holidays special for my family, something Joaquin will look back on fondly when he's grown and I'm gone...he'll say, "I remember my Mom used to..." and his wife will get exasperated because she can't live up to his super mom. Ha, yeah, that's what I want. Happy Halloween!
Oh, as a side note, not the best idea to carve pumpkins too long before Halloween. I tried to keep them moist by covering them with a plastic bag and putting Vaseline on them. They started to mold. I took them outside hoping the dry air would be good. Too late. We still used them. The gnats flying around them added a spooky Halloween effect.


<< Home