Mommy's Gift
Mommy bought her own Mother's Day gifts. If you don't know why, see Monday's entry. I got three DVDs: Elmo's World Flowers, Bananas & More!, Elmo's World Singing Drawing & More! and Elmo's World Springtime Fun!
I also bought The String Quartet Tribute to Cold Play. I love these cds because they fool people into thinking you are listening to classical compositions when you know better. (Grandma wanted to know if I was listening to funeral music--what does she know, she listens to circus music.) I decided I must have more of these: The String Quartet Tribute to The Cure: Whispers, The String Quartet Tribute to Rolling Stones and The String Quartet Tribute to R.E.M. I'm thinking I would even buy the David Bowie tribute and I don't own any original music by David Bowie except his rendition of Little Drummer Boy with Bing Crosby. I wanted you to hear a sample of a string quartet tribute that you might recognize, so here is a one--of Man on the Moon by R.E.M (sound quality may not be very good, I wanted a small file). The company, Vitamin Records, sells all sorts of tributes in all sorts of music styles. They even offer a lounge tribute to Eminem in case you're interested! Guess what we'll be listening to at Thanksgiving dinner?
Mommy bought her own Mother's Day gifts. If you don't know why, see Monday's entry. I got three DVDs: Elmo's World Flowers, Bananas & More!, Elmo's World Singing Drawing & More! and Elmo's World Springtime Fun!
I also bought The String Quartet Tribute to Cold Play. I love these cds because they fool people into thinking you are listening to classical compositions when you know better. (Grandma wanted to know if I was listening to funeral music--what does she know, she listens to circus music.) I decided I must have more of these: The String Quartet Tribute to The Cure: Whispers, The String Quartet Tribute to Rolling Stones and The String Quartet Tribute to R.E.M. I'm thinking I would even buy the David Bowie tribute and I don't own any original music by David Bowie except his rendition of Little Drummer Boy with Bing Crosby. I wanted you to hear a sample of a string quartet tribute that you might recognize, so here is a one--of Man on the Moon by R.E.M (sound quality may not be very good, I wanted a small file). The company, Vitamin Records, sells all sorts of tributes in all sorts of music styles. They even offer a lounge tribute to Eminem in case you're interested! Guess what we'll be listening to at Thanksgiving dinner?


<< Home