And We All Shine On
Tonight my sister and I went to a seminar for consumers and families affected by SCI (spinal cord injury). Ivan found the information on the web and printed it out for me. (Have I mentioned that I decided early this year that I would try to appreciate my husband more? How can I not?)
It was the first ray of light we've seen in two weeks.
The main reason for this light was because we got to meet many of the attendees which were SCI patients themselves. It was amazing to see how far they'd progressed. There was a man with a spinal cord injury in a similar location as my mom's. Although he used a ventilator at one time, he was no longer dependent and actually leads a pretty normal life, got married and travels and everything. All the people live pretty normal lives from their wheelchairs, which is just incredible.
Although we're still pretty raw right now and don't want to get our hopes up too high too soon. It made me believe that all is not lost. It made me believe that maybe. Just maybe...
It was the first ray of light we've seen in two weeks.
The main reason for this light was because we got to meet many of the attendees which were SCI patients themselves. It was amazing to see how far they'd progressed. There was a man with a spinal cord injury in a similar location as my mom's. Although he used a ventilator at one time, he was no longer dependent and actually leads a pretty normal life, got married and travels and everything. All the people live pretty normal lives from their wheelchairs, which is just incredible.
Although we're still pretty raw right now and don't want to get our hopes up too high too soon. It made me believe that all is not lost. It made me believe that maybe. Just maybe...


<< Home