I'm here now: http://oyblog.blogspot.com/


Currently...

    Follow me on Twitter

    javascript:void(0) Preview

    Monday, March 17, 2008

    Corned Beef and Cabbage

    Today Joaquin is wearing his lucky green shirt. It actually says that on the front: This is My Lucky Shirt. Leave it to Daddy to find that one. We had to get a special green shirt for him to wear since he's been asking for it for over a week. He said he didn't want to get pinched. I guess that rumor's been going around school for a while.

    We're probably the opposite of Irish, if there is such a thing, but I always remember my mom making something with cabbage especially for St. Patrick's Day. She'd call to tell me that she made some corned beef and cabbage, which she loved anyway. Today was really just an excuse to make it. I always reminded her that I didn't like it, even though I'd actually never remember tasting it. Like always, she'd have a little something different just for me because she always knew exactly what her kids liked and didn't like food-wise, even after forty years.

    I hope she's getting her corned beef and cabbage today with a cold beer with Clamato and having a happy St. Patrick's Day! Wish she was here.

    Labels: , ,