I'm here now: http://oyblog.blogspot.com/


Currently...

    Follow me on Twitter

    javascript:void(0) Preview

    Friday, October 29, 2004

    Halloween Party

    Today Joaquin's preschool had a sort of Halloween party. They just put up flyers that said they would have a jumpy from 4 to 6 pm and kids could wear their costumes during that time only. Donations of candy were permitted.

    Boy, I must seem like a stick-in-the-mud. Not only did I not donate candy (because I forgot), but his costume wasn't ready, so I put him in his new Halloween shirt which I will have to take a picture of, 'cause it is very key-ewt. I thought he looked festive, but when I got there this afternoon, the little kids were dressed in their costumes. I saw a 2 year old gypsy, a couple of Spidermen, assorted witches and the like. They had nachos and drinks. It was a good time to meet the other parents which, of course, is my worse fear, because they all seem so much more mature and "together" than I; and I mean mature in a mental, not physical sense.

    Joaquin was in the "other" room, with the non-dressed up kids. I greeted him up and we split, like quick, with Joaquin picking out two pieces of candy that other people donated on the way out. I asked Joaquin if he wanted to stay and play in the jumpy and he said, and I quote (See the quotes?), "No, I never, never, never, play in the jumpy. Let's go see train tracks." So we did.

    Just wait 'til Halloween though.