Break Out the Train
Joaquin has lots of toys but you really wouldn't know it because many are packed away for later use because he's still to little for them (small parts), or they are for when he really gets bored, in case he breaks one or Mommy can't stand one anymore. Since they are stored away, people forget what he has. Grandma, for example has bought Joaquin two train sets.
One, in particular, is a very cute little set which came in a suitcase-like container. The container was sealed with plastic ties so it couldn't be opened. Joaquin has carried that little suitcase around for months--I want to say since last October or November. We'd find it outside, we'd find it in our room, we'd find it in the bathroom. I'd always put it back in the closet in his room but eventually would find it somewhere else. Still sealed, of course.
We finally broke the ties the other day and played. Did you know that you have to teach a kid to play? I never really thought about it until I had Joaquin, but we showed him how the train rides the rails and the noises it makes. He caught on quick as you can see in the picture below. Joaquin really likes the choo-choo.
I'm hoping we can take a short trip on the Grand Canyon Railway so he can experience a real train. Daddy and I took it several years ago and I think he still might get a little nervous about the noises and hijinx right now. (You see, bandits rob the train--err, I hope I didn't spoil it for anyone.)
Joaquin has lots of toys but you really wouldn't know it because many are packed away for later use because he's still to little for them (small parts), or they are for when he really gets bored, in case he breaks one or Mommy can't stand one anymore. Since they are stored away, people forget what he has. Grandma, for example has bought Joaquin two train sets.
One, in particular, is a very cute little set which came in a suitcase-like container. The container was sealed with plastic ties so it couldn't be opened. Joaquin has carried that little suitcase around for months--I want to say since last October or November. We'd find it outside, we'd find it in our room, we'd find it in the bathroom. I'd always put it back in the closet in his room but eventually would find it somewhere else. Still sealed, of course.
We finally broke the ties the other day and played. Did you know that you have to teach a kid to play? I never really thought about it until I had Joaquin, but we showed him how the train rides the rails and the noises it makes. He caught on quick as you can see in the picture below. Joaquin really likes the choo-choo.
I'm hoping we can take a short trip on the Grand Canyon Railway so he can experience a real train. Daddy and I took it several years ago and I think he still might get a little nervous about the noises and hijinx right now. (You see, bandits rob the train--err, I hope I didn't spoil it for anyone.)


<< Home